Tuesday, July 8, 2008

mc: day dos

morning
hmmph. woke up at 5:30 this morning with icky cramps and tried to sleep through it, but the pain made me get up and release. it's kinda like someone's blowing up a really hard balloon in your abdomen while twisting and turning your insides. ick. i need to time the tea better, since it kicks in 6-7 hours. went back to sleep and woke up at 9 to go babysit. on the way there, i downed half of the salt water enema in my car (whew! no accidents in the car!), then downed the rest of it while my 3-year old niece was waiting for me to play "Beauty in the Beast" on the piano. "come on auntie, you can do it! i'll give you a gold star!" haha. that sure helped getting that crap down. spent the rest of the morning running around with 3 little crazy kids.

afternoon
ugh, feelin pretty tired and slightly weak again. altho i am pretty proud that i've been surrounded by food allllll day -- bacon and fried rice, banana cue, raisin cinnamon bread, a freaking whole broiled halibut -- but it hasn't really phased me. i actually enjoy smelling the food -- shit, if i can't eat it i might as well smell the deliciousness. lemonade's makin my tongue feel all pasty. i got tired just carrying my 1-year old nephew and now i'm gonna take a nap.

night
nap did me good. did a whole hour of yoga! felt really good; after tentatively goin through the moves to see how high my energy was, my moves started to feel a lot more, i guess, mindful and strong. i remember my yoga instructor from college saying that you need to lose all attachments (i.e. distractions, inner thoughts about not doing it right or looking good in front of others) while you're trying to be present in the moment of doing the moves. and i think this cleanse is startin to feel the same way -- i'm not so attached to having to eat food or even be bothered by not being able to eat food in front of me. it's nice bein able to listen to your body and its needs and not have to give in to comfort.

went to barnes and nobles and bought wayyy more books than i need to read. but i'm startin to research all the world history contexts that go along with my books, so i bought guns, germs and steel by jared diamond, which looks to be really interesting. anyways, i started feelin weak again on the way home, so i drank an extra 8 oz of the lemonade. dunno if that's cheating, but my body says i need some calories. no tea tonight, i'm takin a break from shit for the moment. day two finito!

to do tomorrow: clean the insides of my car, read on the beach, maybe run, and do those damn blog entries i've been meanin to do...

No comments: